Friday, March 14, 2008
Life: One Big Hidden Fee
This huge epidemic took place in my mind on Tuesday. I have always been aware subconsciously of hidden fees, not really carrying to much just expecting the fact that they are what they are little nuisances’. To the point of revelation: My girlfriend and I went to the mall the weekend before the Pinched Fee Day (also known as The Tuesday). At the mall she prompted to tell me that they were doing a blood drive, great knowing I hate the idea of transferring blood through a synthetic tube. But she uttered the words that would for sure make it worth my while to at least wait for her to give blood, and that was free tickets to a choice of two shows for the donation. Great, of course I was down to wait, plus this would be a good chance to check out the book store and kayaks. She finished and choose to see a show at Planet Hollywood, formally the Middle Eastern Hotel? No wonder it tanked. The show was called Toxic Audio, a loose comic act by 5 individuals performing beats and songs with just their voices. The Tuesday came and we proceeded to make our way down to the PH, I approached the ticket booth with my two complimentary tickets in hand. The employee said, "Great, that will be $10.00 sir, $5.00 processing fee for each of the tickets". At this point I thought this was so comical, of course there’s a fee, I uttered back at her. How could I expect that someone could give blood and receive a so called complimentary ticket. It wasn't so much the $10.00 what so ever, it was the deceiving way you get suckered into thinking by doing something good you will in turn get the promised deliverable. I would love to see their faces if I could charge them for my blood after they suck it from me. Bear none, I am sure that the blood drive had no idea of the huge ahah scam taking place at PH. Anyway, I am glad that this money will be used for the millions in renovation they are putting into the property. This whole event just reminded me never to let your guard down... To many penny pinchers in the o so deceiving world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment