This past weekend I had the pleasure to finally sit in on Dave Attel's (known from Insomniac) stand up. This was a lot of fun, hilarious for the hour and half he was on. He is truly the best comic that works with and against the audience. While I was waiting for Attel's show to start I stumbled into a photographers gallery by the name Peter Lik. WOW! is all I can say, his work of landscape scenery is the best I have seen. The composition and play of light gives an absolutely clear crisp picture, that over expresses how it would look in nature. Creating pieces that truly are a sight to look at. I was so inspired from a night of laughter and gazing that I couldn't wait to tell Andrea about the pieces Lik had in the Mandalay Bay. I showed her his gallery online, but it just didnt do that work justice at all, so I made a mends to take her the next day to see his other gallery in the Forum shops at Caesars! After she finally viewed the work with her eyes she was completely in awe herself, this made me really happy. That not only can I enjoy my weekends, but I can stumble on knew things that were right in front of me and share them! This is the start of my mini retirements :)... To end the weekend Andre told me that she had chosen to write a paper for school on Lik, good to see inspiring isn't as hard as it is made out to be.
I think everyone should go out and enjoy the world around them, no more excuses about time, work, money. NOTHING! Because the smallest things can change your overall outlook on things. To view some of Peter's work check out his online galley at www.peterlik.com/ I also highly recommend following that up with a laugh with Dave Attel, http://www.daveattell.com/main.php
-Keep fighting the game
Chris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment