Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Guggenheim visit


I had the opportunity on Saturday to visit the Guggenheim Hermitage in Las Vegas http://www.guggenheimlasvegas.org/ at the Venetian, with my amazing girlfriend Andrea. What a pleasure! I was finally able to lay my eyes on the priceless treasures I have always admired. From Monet, Picasso, and some Van Goe, I also saw some other pieces I enjoyed. Here are a few I really enjoyed, I will place them in order top my fav. and so on.


Summer in Zeeland - Piet Mondrian





Mountains at St. Remy - Vincent Van Goe




Man with crossed arms - Paul Cezanne





Still Life with gingerpot II - Piet Mondrian



Still life with cherries - Juan Griss



The Palazzo Ducale Claude Monet

Still Life - Fruit dish and pitcher - Pablo Picasso

Some things I found interesting: The man with crossed arms, was painted using two images taken from different points in the room. This is why his face is skewed. Piet Mondrian and the way he breaks down objects in several pieces. The absolute vibeness of Van Goe's painting, only appreciated face to face with the painting, same goes for the Monet. Still life with cherries looks like it is made from fabric, which is a fantastic manipulation of the paint. And my favorite painting, Summer in Zeeland - Is overwhelming, the canvas is 8'x6' It was the gazing piece in the gallery, completely drawing you in.

I encourage everyone to go. Please post some of your favortie paintings or museums! I am sure there are some places and pieces I should look out for.

No comments: