One thing I have found very beneficial is reducing book cost. As we all know books may cost hundreds to thousands a semester, what I have found is in most cases books are not needed for a course. I have received many A's in classes where a book was mandatory and I did this in four ways:
First: I decided if the book was A NEED for the class. Just because it is mandatory doesn't mean you NEED it (even when the professor says you will not pass the class without the book). In most cases professors use their notes or even make powerpoints available for tests.Second: I see if anyone I know has had the course before the steps below, borrowing is always positive.Third: I check the university library or my public libraries to see if they have the book I need, I have found this very valuable. Forth: renting text books is a fraction of the cost of buying! I myself have never even had to opt for this method!
No comments:
Post a Comment