
I recently began to ponder about this, where exactly does your value in money lie? I remember when I was in High school and my freshman year in college, I had such a great grasp on my value of the dollar. That dollar ment if I was going to eat, also the change I had from eating I would give to my best friend so he could buy one taco to eat lunch. Now this was my most extreme sense of money value, but that got me to thinking, do I honestly value a dollar anymore, does anyone? Where does this value lie now, is it in a five? ten? twenty? I began to think that this is just the trend of inflation and consumerism. sixty years ago about twenty cents was of value, but was a penny? I also thought, that age shouldn't bear on where your grasp of money lie's just because you are ten doesn't mean you should value a dollar more than a twenty year old. Also the amount of money you make shouldn't put bearing on what you value. For if everyone still valued the dollar as they once did, gas prices would never be where they are now.
1 comment:
welcome to the real world sonny
Post a Comment